Finance Director - USDA Food for Progress Project
|Location:||Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso|
|Benefits:||An excellent benefit package is offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
LWR is currently recruiting a Finance Director for a USDA-funded Food for Progress project in Burkina Faso. This five-year program will focus on two high level objectives: increase agricultural productivity and expand trade of agricultural products.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and experienced Finance Director who enjoys team and systems building, and is committed to excellence in financial management. As a member of the Burkina Faso Management Team, this position provides leadership and support in financial matters across different work areas including financial management and reporting, fiscal and legal compliance & grant management, systems strengthening, risk management and overall operations.
The Finance Director manages the Finance team and is responsible for monitoring, managing, and reporting on all USDA project funds and will oversee administration, logistics, and office management. S/he will ensure each financial transaction complies with terms and conditions of donors, tax & local laws, LWR's policies and procedures, and is in accordance with approved budgets.
- Oversee day-to-day administrative operations and financial management of the project.
- Ensure that all project financial transactions are allowable, reasonable and allocable and within the established financial management policies of LWR and USDA.
- Oversee procurement of project goods and services according to LWR's Procurement Guidelines as well as ensure compliance with USDA and LWR regulations, procedures and local labor laws.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and advisor on all matters pertaining to administrative and financial support with LWR headquarters.
- Provide the necessary managerial, logistical and administrative support required for the fulfillment of deliverables including budget, legal/contractual, finance, human resources management, general services/facilities, and logistics.
- Prepare monthly tracking sheets reflecting allowable costs versus actual expenditures.
- Provide effective management of project human resources and provide oversight and guidance to all staff on administrative/financial matters.
- Lead recruitment of staff and consultants with support from the Administrative Assistant, Administrative Officer, and Finance Officer.
- Coordinate input for the annual budgeting process with the Chief of Party and sub-recipient organizations.
- Review and audit sub-recipients' reports, budgets, expenses, and proposals to ensure compliance with USDA regulations and maintenance of accurate financial reports.
- Timely prepare all required documentation for accounting and audits.
- Supervise finance staff.
- Deep commitment to LWR's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or relevant field required; CPA or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in accounting and finance, as well as experience with contracts/grants from U.S. federal agencies.
- Experience with accounting/finance in an overseas field office on development projects with budgets over $20 million dollars.
- Extensive knowledge of US Government policies, procedures, procurement practices, rules, regulations, and reporting requirements. In particular, familiarity with cost accounting practices and OMB Guidance for Grants and Agreements, 2 CFR 200.
- Knowledge of and experience with accounting software packages and related report writing modules. Working proficiency with databases, spreadsheets (Excel), QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office.
- Previous supervisory experience, including direct supervision of a team of operations and financial staff.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written and reading comprehension abilities.
- Strong financial analysis, budgeting, and management skills, written/oral communication, and computer skills;
- Exceptional diplomatic and business negotiating skills.
- Ability to travel to project sites within Burkina Faso.
- French and English fluency required.