Deputy Director for ICT4D
|Benefits:||An excellent benefit package is offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Deputy Director for ICT4D will work with LWR’s International Program’s Department staff both at its Baltimore headquarters and its 16 country offices to develop and implement an ICT4D strategy that will ensure that its global project portfolio maximizes the use of digital data for decision making and learning. He/she will provide leadership, management, strategic direction and technical assistance to ensure that LWR and its projects have contextually-appropriate ICT4D and data management solutions, including remote data collection, storage, and management. Candidates should be able to guide LWR in maintaining a focus on ICT4D as a means to more efficiently gather and use data and ensure that the inclusion or development of ICT4D solutions respond to a proven organizational and project needs. He/she will be adaptable to a variety of technologies, experienced in IT solution design and implementation, and an advocate for practical application of new technologies.|
- Develop and manage and organization-wide ICT4D strategy that ensures LWR has systems to capture, store, and manage digital data so that it can more efficiently and effectively learn and make decisions both globally and at the project level. The strategy must outline how project level data and technology needs will be met while also meeting higher organizational level data analytic expectations.
- Provide technical advising on mobile data, digital services, remote sensors, SMS, and other tech tools in the areas of agriculture, climate, and food security in view of technology constraints in countries in transition.
- Collaborate with M&E, Knowledge Management and IT staff to develop an integrated data and knowledge management system Ensure that LWR staff have sufficient capacity to design and implement projects with high quality M&E.
- Collaborate on IT tool capacity building for non-IT specialists.
- Manage relationships with technology partners and internal IT resources.
- Monitor, test, and customize tools/trends in the Information Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D) marketplace for customization and possible project adoption.
- Design and oversee data Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Other complementary and necessary duties as assigned by the Director for Program Quality.
- Deep commitment to LWR's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to ICT4D required, with an advanced degree in a related field preferred;
- Demonstrable experience in ICT strategy development, technology consulting, program development, and ICT4D implementation;
- Three (3) years of researching, testing, and applying ICT tools to projects in developing countries, with appropriate international field
- Experience working with organizational leadership to build the business and programming case for ICT4D initiatives;
- Experience training non-IT specialist staff on ICT4D concepts and application of ICT4D tools;
- Mobile/remote data collection, integration, storage, analysis and visualization experience required;
- Experience in agriculture, food security, and related fields ideal - knowledge of USAID-funded initiatives preferred;
- Demonstrated strong technical writing skills and capacity to synthesize high volumes of information into key messages and to various audiences;
- Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Very strong time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or French highly desirable.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, at least 25% of the time, sometimes to countries where LWR works. Travel may be to countries that are experiencing political instability and have poor infrastructure including poor road conditions, limited amenities and poor housing accommodations. In addition, the travel may be to countries where infectious diseases or vector-borne diseases are present. Travel may be required to locales that experience extreme temperatures (either hot or cold) and high altitudes.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.