Leadership of Global LWR IT
• Lead, coach and mentor the IT team who operate LWR's IT resources and support departmental users, ensuring the team has the skills to manage the infrastructure effectively and provide the right level of support to users;
• Serve as the lead IT innovator and planner for technology, responsible for the overall Global LWR Technology Vision;
• Communicate and work effectively with all departments of LWR to integrate technology functions as a core part of LWR's culture;
• Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction in every step of problem resolution;
• Coordinate IT contributions to multi-year and annual operating plans of relevant units; this includes the participation of IT in the NBD process to create templates in order to budget IT equipment software and IT LOE into restricted cost applications/proposals;
• Meet LWR's IT needs within budget limits, often under pressure to reduce costs while maintaining a high standard of service to users.
Create global IT strategy
• Provide strategic thinking, communication, and hands-on guidance to those engaged in strategic thinking related to technology;
• Assess current state of LWR's capabilities and establish a planned future state through a knowledge audit and/or a similar process;
• Lead the organization-wide effort to identify gaps in information flows between individual systems, and between people and systems;
• Lead the IT team in analyzing LWR's current global IT state and creating a global technology architecture and roadmap that aligns with the Global LWR Technology Vision, including financial plans and budgets;
• Develop and implement yearly IT work plans to operationalize long-term global strategy(ies);
• Provide leadership, oversight, and guidance for the planning, definition, design, implementation, testing and deployment of technology systems worldwide;
• Institute and enforce standardized global technology-related policies, processes, and systems to align with global technology strategy, creating efficiencies
• Collaborate with the Deputy Director for ICT4D to develop a shared vision for the use of technology and ICT for LWR projects worldwide;
• Ensure that the organization's electronic information and other records are maintained in a safe and appropriate manner ensuring confidentiality and security, and that the organization's disaster recovery plan is adequately maintained and reviewed periodically.
Implement global IT strategy
• Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, implementation and management of current and future IT systems across LWR;
• Serve as the IT Project Manager - planning, budgeting, overseeing, and documenting all aspects of the specific project; work closely with appropriate staff and/or vendors to make sure the scope and direction of each IT project is on schedule;
• Oversee contracts with IT service providers, including LIRS, Salesforce, and Raiser's edge, and others;
• Directly manage consultants as required to effectively implement strategic thinking on new technology solutions;
• Oversee relationship with contracted IT support staff from LWR's sister agency, LIRS, for the maintenance of hardware and network, as well as other service level agreements and service contracts;
• Oversee procurement for IT-related services;
• Monitor the effectiveness of the IT team and related technology equipment, policies, procedures, and processes, communicate effectively and timely with users, gather feedback, and implement improvement(s) as needed;
• Independently design adult-learning based training material and presentations and deliver to global staff (e.g., web-based, instructor-led, etc.) and oversee maintenance of enterprise systems;
• Provide oversight and guidance on existing systems and support worldwide and evaluate stability;
• Plan for new systems related to organizational growth;
• Strengthen and standardize systems for protecting the security and integrity for LWR systems and protect data privacy;
• Ensure Technology Unit provides high quality support and services to LWR staff accessing enterprise systems.
• Familiarity and compliance with LWR's safety and security procedures and protocols;
• Engagement in ongoing professional development;
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field required; Master's degree or equivalent experience in relevant field preferred.
• Ten or more years of experience in relevant fields (e.g., Information Technology, ICT); Five to ten years of management experience
• Experience in the development and deployment of local and cloud based enterprise knowledge management platforms, (Office 365, SharePoint or comparable) as well as transition from on premise applications to the cloud.
• Demonstrated ability to independently manage a unit and develop a strategy and related processes from the ground up and experience with overseeing a strategy that takes into account the needs of many diverse stakeholders under limited resources
• Experience with and ability to innovate and implement creative ICT solutions
• Familiarity with LWR's existing enterprise systems or comparable equivalents: Salesforce, Raiser's Edge, MIP, Business Objects, QuickBooks
• Strong interpersonal skills and comfort with managing up and across including strong customer service focus
• Demonstrated excellent English written and verbal communication skills across a global organization, working with staff and consultants from different countries, with different cultures and languages
• Experience creating global IT infrastructures across challenging operating environments
• Experience in utilizing external and internal resources effectively to establish a sustainable global support infrastructure
• Able to handle multiple, concurrent projects with effective priority management
• Sought-out as a subject-matter expert (SME) and thought leader within IT arena by staff
• Continually looks to self-improve by remaining current in an ever-changing discipline to implement best practices/gold standards
• Effective presentation skills for all types of audiences
• Must be cross-collaborative team oriented with a commitment to organizational mission as a strong personal driver
• Travel up to 20% of time, including international travel. Travel may be to countries that are experiencing political instability and have poor infrastructure including poor road conditions, limited amenities and poor housing accommodations. In addition, the travel may be to countries where infectious diseases or vector-borne diseases are present. Travel may be required to locales that experience extreme temperatures (either hot or cold) and high altitudes
• Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and recommends technical solutions.
• Deep commitment to LWR's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
• Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce
• Familiarity with Lutheranism, church structures, and church member motivations and sensitivities preferred
• Experience working with an international development organization or solid understanding of the international aid and development context
• French and/or Spanish proficiency