Program Manager - Lebanon
|Benefits:||Excellent benefits offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Program Manager's core functions are to researching and assessing program gaps and needs, preparing project concept papers and proposals, assisting in project implementation, representing LWR on behalf of the Country Director, and maintaining excellent relationship with key stakeholders. In addition, the Program Manager will be responsible for supervising and monitoring the program activities including grants management, documentation of lessons learned and preparing the project reports. The Program Manager will assist the Country Director and provide logistics and programmatic support to the country program. He/she will coordinate at operational level with peer agencies, donors, Govt. authorities and partners in a manner that aligns with LWR's vision, values, and strategy
New Business Development
• Support the Country Director and work closely with LWR HQ in developing proposals for programs that will successfully transition relief programs to early recovery and then to more long-term development programs.
• Work together with the Country Director to pursue new funding sources to sustain and scale up the program activities, remaining aware of donor priorities.
• Identify critical program gaps and needs by conducting assessments, which will contribute to well-grounded project design and proposal development.
• Support and/or lead the development of proposals to donors in coordination with the Country Director and HQ Team.
• Provide technical assistance and oversight to country program and implementing partners in designing and implementing humanitarian assistance and sustainable development activities.
• Identify strong partners that LWR can work with, and build and maintain solid relationships with them. Develop partners' organizational capacity as a part of the accompaniment process.
• Monitor, evaluate, and distill lessons learned from program implementation.
• Ensure to follow the LWR program quality standards while designing and implementing program activities.
• Under the guidance of the Country Director, identify and develop relationships with people, organizations and institutions that can enrich country programs and help achieve LWR's strategy.
• Enhance LWR's visibility in the country by participating in relevant networks, forums and other coordination and learning spaces. Attend coordination meetings to share information and learn from other peer agencies.
• Keep abreast of, and report on, social, political, environmental, and economic trends in the country.
• Work closely with the local ACT Forum, of which LWR is an active member and ensure LWR has a consistent and effective representation in order to benefit from the complementarities that the forum and its fellow ACT Alliance members may offer.
• Work in close coordination with the Country Director and HQ Team to ensure timely response to disasters and complex emergencies in the country.
Office Management & Compliance
• Work closely with Country Finance and Administration Manager (CFAM) based in Lebanon in monitoring project budget and cash flow.
• Ensure compliance with LWR policies and procedures. Assist the Country Director in the development and/or updating of country specific policies and assure compliance with local law. Ensure LWR is in compliance with donor regulations for all projects funded by restricted grants.
• Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Program Manager will ensure compliance with the safety and security standards for LWR operation, and assets and country-specific response to security threats and incidents.
• Monitor security level and report the situation to the Country Director as necessary and seek guidance. Ensure that any Incident Reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner (within 12 hours).
• Perform other duties as requested by the Country Director
• Master level education in social sciences, Middle East studies, economics or relevant field of education.
• At least seven (7) years of progressively professional experience in the respective country and with humanitarian assistance, livelihoods, gender, self-help groups and/or conflict resolution programming.
• Proven experience working with donors, NGOs, communities and local authorities.
• Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of emergency response projects, humanitarian assistance and long-term recovery programs.
• Demonstrated ability to manage programs and budgets.
• Deep commitment to LWR's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
• Fluency in English and Arabic is required for this position.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
This is a national position that seeks candidates from Lebanon and Syria with an extensive knowledge and experience of current humanitarian situation and programs.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.