Regional Program Manager II - Middle East Programs
|Benefits:||Excellent benefits offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Regional Program Manager II Position works under the direction of the Senior Regional Director for Asia and Middle East, and in close coordination with the Deputy Regional Director and other staff of International Programs Department to help identify and promote partnerships that will foster growth in support of LWR's work in the Middle East Region. The position is based in Baltimore with backstopping to Middle East offices and new business development responsibilities. Primary duties are to develop partnerships to increase the scale and impact of LWR work, focusing on corporate, foundation, government, bilateral and multilateral organizations in LWR countries in the region, and to contribute to the development of high quality proposals as well as maintain the highest standards in LWR project implementation. S/he will also work with other departments to contribute to LWR's outreach and fund raising such as finance, communication and constituent engagement efforts.
New Business Development - 50% of efforts
1. In coordination with country team and HQ, be responsible for supporting to build and expand country portfolio. In this process, the Senior Program Manager is required to actively pursue new funding sources through donor engagement, project design and proposal development to sustain the country programs at a reasonable size. Remain aware of donor priorities and funding intentions at the country level. Track trends in humanitarian and development work at the local levels and lead in the conceptualization of niche approaches that LWR can fill.
2. Build networks and relationships with potential partners regionally and at the country level for possible collaboration and collaboration and joint fund raising efforts as well as developing sharing and learning environment.
3. Support and/or lead the development of proposals to donors in coordination with the Regional and SP Teams.
4. In coordination with country team and HQ, develop country specific strategic plans that will successfully transition our relief programs to early recovery and transition to more long-term development programs.
5. Cultivate relationships with non-traditional donors, private sector, regional organizations and other relevant key stakeholders at the regional and national level, who are engaged in the international humanitarian and development.
Program Management - 30% of effort
1. Provide technical assistance and oversight to LWR program and implementing partner staff in designing and implementing humanitarian assistance and long-term program activities.
2. Maintain program files with country team for existing projects and manage the creation and approvals process for any newly awarded programs
3. Monitor, evaluate, and distill lessons learned from program implementation.
4. Ensure high program quality for all projects implemented by LWR and its partners.
5. Work in close coordination with the HQ to ensure timely response to disasters and complex emergencies in the region.
Representation and Coordination (10% of efforts)
1. Identify strong partners that LWR can work with, and build and maintain solid relationships with them. Promote partner organizational capacity development as a part of the accompaniment process.
2. Identify and develop relationships with people, organizations and institutions that can enrich country programs and help achieve LWR's strategy for Middle East.
3. Enhance LWR's visibility in the country by participating in relevant networks, forums and other coordination and learning spaces.
4. Keep abreast of, and report on, social, political, environmental, and economic trends in the region and LWR countries.
Admin/Financial & Compliance (10% of efforts)
1. Provide admin support to the Middle East countries including support in registration, cash transfers, bank accounts, travel arrangements, preparing consultant or procurement agreements and contracts and logistical support. (this function may be reduced in 9-12 months).
2. Ensure compliance with LWR policies and procedures. Assist in the development and/or updating of country specific policies for personnel, finance, administration and security and assure compliance with local law.
3. Ensure that LWR is in full compliance with country specific laws and requirements related to registration, taxation, payroll/human resources, and reporting.
4. Monitor security situation and flag it as necessary. Ensure that country security guidelines, SOP's and policies are in place and they are strictly followed.
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Proficiency in Arabic language, both written and speaking is required.
2. Candidate should have a deep understanding and knowledge of the Middle East region and issues and challenges as well as international development support.
3. Position requires an extensive experience in designing and implementing humanitarian assistance and emergency response program with technical expertise in at least one of LWR's program areas, such as WASH, PSS, Shelter, Early Recovery, cash programming, livelihood and/or food security.
4. A Master's degree in a field relevant to international development is required, or a Bachelor's degree with equivalent experience.
5. Minimum 7 years international development work experience, including developing proposals and project implementation in Middle East countries.
6. Experience effectively coordinating with a large group of stakeholders, including local partners and community based organizations, field office staff, headquarters staff, international partners and donors, and technical advisors. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and analytical skills.
7. Excellent writing skills, in particular leading and/or contributing in proposal development and preparing assessment reports. Demonstrated success in contributing to successfully funded US government, UN agencies, other bilateral and multilateral donors and foundation grant proposals.
8. Ability to travel up to 35 - 40 percent of her/his time, including adverse conditions and/or disaster zones.
9. Deep commitment to LWRs core value and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
10. Candidate with dual citizenship in the region are encouraged
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.