Staff Assistant, President's Office
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Staff Assistant coordinates any preparatory meetings and assigns/develops materials as necessary for the President/CEO. S/he ensures that the President /CEO is fully prepared for all speaking engagements, events and meetings both internally and externally. |
This position will work closely with the Executive Coordinator of the President's Office. While the Executive Coordinator is responsible for the scheduling and logistical arrangements for the events and meetings in which the President participates, the Staff Assistant will work closely with the Pres/CEO, staff and external constituents to facilitate the President's preparedness for participation for all meetings, events, and speaking engagements.
|Duties:||• Ensures that the President is adequately prepared for all speaking engagements, meetings and events; assist with research on selected topics to provide background material for correspondence or remarks by the President and ensure that any advance preparatory meetings are scheduled in a timely manner. |
• Debrief with the President/CEO on any action items from events/meetings and share pertinent information with other staff as required.
• Coordinates with staff to ensure that action items are completed in a timely manner. Anticipates further meeting requirements and materials.
• Supports communication with the President during travel to ensure the timely review of materials and decision needed for smooth operations of the organization are made in a timely way.
• Provides support and staffing to the Leadership Team by creating meeting agendas, coordination of meeting materials, records minutes and share a summary of decision and action items with Leadership Team members following each meeting.
• Monitors, tracks, and archives the President's social media posts
• Compiles, composes, edits, proofreads, and distributes a variety of paperwork, which may include PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, memos, emails, correspondence, policies, reports, and/or other related items;
• Provides general support for the Office of the President in coordination with the Executive Coordinator
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree or the equivalent experience;|
• Minimum one to three years of experience supporting an executive, experience working for a non-profit organization preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully handle multiple projects and priorities.
• Ability to prioritize, organize, and carry out multiple tasks efficiently under pressure and with little supervision;
• Advanced computer skills (MS Office 365 applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
• Experience using various social media platforms for business purposes.
• Ability to synthesize and summarize complex materials and pull out key themes and critical points.
• Good writing skills. Mastery of English language and composition.
• Great interpersonal skills, ability to effectively and seamlessly represent LWR in a positive way and ability to be a team player and to work with people of varied backgrounds.
• Ability to appropriately manage information that is of a sensitive or confidential nature.
• Deep commitment to LWR's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
• A sense of humor and a desire to work hard as part of a team where everyone will "pitch in" to help whenever and on whatever is needed and that values the input, ideas, creativity and work of everyone on that team.