1. Initiate and strengthen relationships with host Govt. authorities, UN Agencies, Donors, community of international organizations, local partners and other local NGOs, community- based organizations, and grassroots organizations in Iraq. Represent LWR on the ACT Alliance Forum and during drafting and implementation of Appeals. Coordinate non-appeal projects with ACT members to ensure non-duplication of efforts.
2. Keep abreast of, and report on social, political, environmental, and economic trends in Iraq. Work with the Public Policy Department to guide and strengthen LWR's advocacy work in the US by sharing timely information from partners and about developments in the country.
3. Identify and develop relationships with people, organizations and institutions that can enrich country programs and help achieve LWR's strategy. Participate in relevant networks, forums and other coordination and learning spaces.
4. At direction of Senior Director for Asia & The Middle East, represent LWR to authorities, donors and other audiences in other countries of the Middle East, on an occasional basis.
New Business Development
1. Work with the LWR Regional Team to develop a New Business Development strategic plan.
2. Build on and expand the country program portfolio. To this end, he/she will aggressively and strategically pursue new sources of donor funding and maintain adequate donor funding levels to sustain program activities. He/she is responsible for in country fundraising with institutional donors including U.S. Government or other bilateral or multilateral donors, foundations and corporate philanthropies.
3. Support and or lead the development of proposals to donors in coordination with the Regional Team and Strategic Partnerships unit. Coordinate with External Relations Dept. on organization-wide fundraising efforts, constituent engagement efforts, and related information.
Program Design & Oversight
1. Provide leadership in developing and managing a program that is consistent with LWR's regional and country strategies.
2. Provide technical assistance and oversight in designing, implementing, and evaluating programs activities in the areas of humanitarian assistance, recovery and stabilization, including in sectors such as health, livelihoods, capacity strengthening, pscyho-social support, or others.
3. Monitor, evaluate, and distill lessons learned from project and program implementation. Report to the Regional Team at LWR HQ on lessons learned and use that information to improve practice and to inform the next planning cycle. Promote learning among LWR staff and partners in the country.
4. Work in close coordination with the Regional Team based in the US and other locations to ensure highest standard of program implementation and new business development and use of LWR resources and best practices.
1. Oversee the preparation and monitor implementation of the budget and cash flow for the office; ensure that generally accepted accounting principles are adhered to in areas including: (a) authority and approval, (b) proper documentation, and (c) physical security.
2. Ensure compliance with LWR policies and procedures. Oversee the development and/or updating of country program specific policies for personnel, finance, administration and security and assure compliance with local law.
3. Coordinate with Regional Finance and Administration Manager on country office financial and budget management and monitoring, and address audit findings.
4. Ensure that country operation is in compliance with host government rules and regulations regarding registration, taxation, payroll/human resources, and reporting. Ensure that staff comply with donor regulations for all projects funded by restricted grants.
5. Ensure compliance with LWR security protocols and policies.
6. Oversee and develop a strong office team, organized around operational outcomes and priorities. Ensure team learning and individual and team performance standards and accountability. Provide frequent feedback to, and support for, the country office team. Identify training needs, and plan training opportunities for team members to enhance their skills and expertise.
1. Engage in ongoing professional development.
1. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.