Human Resources Coordinator
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||LWR's HR Coordinator position is an excellent opportunity for an individual interested in a career in human resources. Come join a growing HR team that is supporting employees all over the world. The successful candidate will have exposure to, and gain hands-on experience working and learning about several HR functional areas; to include, compliance, recruitment, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits and international HR. Individuals with strong initiative and desire to be a professional in the field of Human Resources are encouraged to apply. LWR offers a competitive benefits package including paid leave, health, dental, vision and life insurance and a generous retirement savings plan. |
|Duties:||Benefits Administration |
• Assist in benefits administration (medical, dental, life, commuting, etc.) on a day-to-day basis and serve as point-person for benefits related issues for both staff and vendors.
• Provide benefits orientation, on-boarding and off-boarding, and distribution of required notices.
• Maintain census information, assist with audits and process invoices.
• Respond to routine questions from staff about benefits.
Compliance & Recordkeeping
• Act as primary recorder keeper of all HR files ensuring files are complete. Conduct periodic audits of HR files.
• Demonstrate knowledge of confidentially as it related to HR data and ensure confidentiality of employee information.
• Run HR reports as requested and respond to employment verifications.
• Assist with obtaining and maintaining employee immigration documents.
• Track annual employee policy acknowledgements.
• Provide support to all stages of the recruitment process to include proposal recruitment (develop job advertisements, post jobs, screen resumes, etc.); utilize LWRs applicant tracking system iApplicant
• Ensure compliance with protocols and applicable laws and regulations.
• Review recruitment documents as they are received and identifying omissions, errors and/or possible challenges.
• Assist with background screenings for candidates, draft offer letters ensuring accuracy.
• Assist with the new hire orientation process.
• Attend recruitment events and represent LWR at job fairs.
• Serve as the lead on staff onboarding and offboarding; including follow-up on actions with IT & ADP.
International HR Support
• Review employment contracts for local national staff and assist with accuracy of employee data.
• Resolve issues with the online timekeeping system/ADP.
• Perform translations of HR communications, documents and forms (if applicable)
• Assist with drafting and administration of Expatriate and Third Country national compensation and benefits packages.
• Provide timely responses to routine inquiries from the field.
• Assist with updating Employee Country specific Handbooks; tracking amendments.
• Minimum of 3 years in an office environment performing clerical and/or administrative tasks.
• Minimum of 1-year experience working in an HR department.
• HR certification is preferred but not a requirement.
• Previous experience with NGO or INGO preferred.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Ability to quickly learn new computer-based HR systems (ATS, HRIS)
• Knowledge of confidentiality as it relates to HR information.
• Fluent English speaker; Proficiency in French or Spanish preferred.
• Ability to assess priorities and manage time effectively in order to deliver quality work on time.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Deep commitment to LWR's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners