Regional Representative/Donor Advisor – TX and CA Regions
|Location:||Houston-San Antonio-Austin; Chicagoland; Minneapolis-St. Paul, All States|
|Benefits:||An excellent benefit package is offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Regional Representative/Donor Advisor is responsible for donor development and acquisition within two assigned regional geographies. While the person in this position primarily focuses on relationships with individuals and congregations, who have the greatest impact on LWR and IMA's mission, they also serve as the first point of contact for LWR and IMA supporters in these regions. This is a remote position based in any of the following geographical areas: Houston-San Antonio-Austin; Chicagoland; Minneapolis-St. Paul.|
|Duties:||1. Develop and solicit financial support from individuals and congregations in assigned regions with the expectation of 20 visits and 5 solicitations per month.|
2. Maintain for each current and prospective donor an up-to-date record, including actions, proposals, background information, contact information, personal interests, and other relevant information.
3. Collaborate with other units in External Relations to develop and implement regional strategies for assigned regions.
4. Identify, research and implement a moves management strategy for major donors in their assigned regions; and strategize with Associate Director and Senior Director of Philanthropic Engagement to engage the President and Vice President of External Relations, as appropriate.
5. Serve as the chief LWR and IMA contact in assigned regions, and organize, host or represent LWR and IMA at strategically relevant events.
6. Fulfill other duties as assigned by supervisor.
|Qualifications:||1. Deep commitment to LWR and IMA core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.|
2. Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
3. Experience in using The Raiser's Edge or similar fundraising database software;
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
5. Experience in using donor research tools in the development process;
6. Knowledge and experience in Moves Management and donor engagement strategies;
7. Ability and Experience in public speaking;
8. Skill and demonstrated success in soliciting and closing proposals for major gifts, planned gifts, and annual gifts, with 10 years of experience;
9. Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
10. Comfortable in communicating with donors in a variety of modes, such as personal visits, phone calls, email, texting, etc.
11. Ability to travel 60% of time for this position to assigned regions, and minimal travel to Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and Minnesota as needed for LWR and IMA meetings.