Business Development Manager
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||New Business Development|
|Description:||The Business Development Department, which identifies and pursues new growth opportunities with government, foundation and corporate donors, seeks a Business Development Manager. This position will be part of a dynamic team that executes a cross-departmental strategy to meet revenue growth targets. This Business Development Manager will coordinate business development beginning with donor engagement through capture and proposal development onto award negotiation. They play an integral role in this unit as well as across the organization through creating and managing systems that support the efficient functioning of the organization's business development.|
The ideal candidate is comfortable with the whole range of work required in the business development process: from a sharp eye for detail in administrative tasks such as packaging proposals to a savvy sense of big-picture strategy in representational roles and pipeline planning. Candidates should be comfortable working in the ups and downs of the business development cycle: staying motivated and forward-thinking during slow times and calm under pressure balancing multiple priorities during busy times.
This position is dependent upon renewal of funding.
|Duties:||• Support the day-to-day operations and management of business development, liaising with staff from other departments to achieve institutional revenue goals.|
• Manage business development processes based on internal lessons learn and best practices, including the opportunity pipeline, quality review, and tools/resources for teams working in BD.
• Provide advice and counsel to programs department and leadership staff on new business opportunities and strategy.
• Support data analysis and reporting to inform business development strategy and operations.
• Conduct long-term and short-term strategic research that informs the growth strategy of the organization (both desk research and in-country research and relationship building).
• Contribute to systems for knowledge management and contact relationship management.
• Serve on capture and proposal teams (as manager, writer, consortium coordinator, recruiter, etc.).
• Develop and facilitate training programs to build the capacity of staff involved in business development globally.
• Represent LWR among donors and peer organizations in events, working groups, and other opportunities to increase visibility and build strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
|Qualifications:||• At least three years of experience in international development and/or business development with relevant donors.|
• Master's degree in a relevant field.
• Demonstrated experience and success in all aspects of capture and proposal processes.
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational and relationship management skills with excellent writing and computer skills. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
• Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy - both individually and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated capacity to manage up and across, especially in a cross-cultural context.
• Fluency in Spanish and/or French required.
• Willingness to travel internationally to countries where LWR works, up to 30% of the time often on short notice.
• Deep commitment to LWR and IMA's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.