Program Officer, DRC
|Benefits:||An excellent benefit package is offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Under the direction of the Deputy Country Director (DCD), the Program Officer (PO) will support the effective and successful implementation of IMA DRC program and projects, specifically, projects within the DCD\'s program portfolio. The PO will assist the DCD organize and coordinate technical, administrative, logistical and managerial support for successful programming. He/She will help provide technical, programmatic, administrative and backstopping, to ensure program quality, impact and cost effectiveness. The PO will work in close collaboration with partners, Program Managers, M&E department, the Operation Departments - Compliance, Logistic and Procurement and the Finance Teams- , and Technical Advisors (TA), in order to provide coordinated and effective support to the different projects and programs.
Under the guidance of the DCD, He/She will provide leadership and assistance in defining the program\'s strategic direction. Effectively supports implementation of the project vision; provides support to Program Managers/CoPs in reporting, documentation and knowledge management; supports monitoring and evaluation in collaboration with the M&E Department. He/She contributes to program portfolio development by identifying funding opportunities and playing a key role in proposal development and liaising with donors under the supervision of the DCD.
This position will be based in Kinshasa with regular travel to the fields for program monitoring and support.
- Assist in the development of the annual work plan and M&E plan.
- Work with the DCD to monitor progress of project objectives and maintain regular contact with partners, PM through telephone and regular visits.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits and provide briefs to the DCD on each visited project (Issues, progress, etc).
- Prepare/draft regular brief updates to be shared with partners and other key stakeholders.
- Fill in for a PM/CoP when absent or needs assistance and for the DCD as requested.
- Maintain update and well-organized program records.
- Review and/or draft monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Regularly update and share project pipeline with all relevant stakeholders.
- Help ensure proper technical capacity of staff and provide Technical Assistance backstopping when required.
- Prepare monthly activity summaries and plans for partners at monthly meeting.
- Help ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, and allowable and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations and support annual auditing procedures.
- Work with operations for property and equipment acquisition, disposition, and management in compliance with donor requirements, and sign on files inventory lists quarterly.
- Liaise with host government officials, project partners and other organizations as appropriate when requested by DCD.
- Represent IMA in coordination meetings with other actors and stay abreast of the humanitarian context in the country.
- Help develop research proposals from project data and work with partners on production of high quality publications of this research.
- Assist the DCD in evaluating program effectiveness and determine corrective action needed to improve project implementation and goal achievement.
- In the event of new program opportunities becoming available for IMA, participate in proposal development and play a lead role in coordinating proposal development in country, including needs assessment.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by the DCD or the IMA Country Representative.
- Professional maturity - Maintains a positive outlook, motivates self and team to work constructively under pressure. Responds resourcefully when challenges arise and accepts responsibility for actions, learning and change. Arrives at work and appointments on time.
- Analytical Thinking - Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities; manages the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience base and calling on other references and resources as necessary. Approaches analysis with an unbiased, impartial view.
- Oral and Written Communication Clearly and effectively expresses ideas, thoughts and concepts verbally and in written or graphic form, using correct and appropriate grammar, organization and structure, and effective presentation media and techniques. Uses appropriate media and approach to present ideas formally to individuals or groups with required impact.
- Experience in Health programming Understands determinants of community health and how to build the capacity of communities, health-related agencies and other service providers to function as equal partners in community-based service, training and education. Understands the details of the continuum of healthcare and corresponding treatment and stays current with the latest developments in this field.
- Decision-Maker Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills. Capable of directing and managing change, inspiring teamwork and high performing teams.
- Strategic planning and integration - Demonstrates the knowledge and capacity to foster development of a common vision. Identifies a path to meet strategic goals by developing short- and long-range plans that are appropriately comprehensive, creative, realistic, and effective in meeting goals. Exhibits leadership in integrating planning efforts across work units.
- Previous experience working in DRC,
- Previous experience with USAID/OFDA, Global Funds funded projects,
- Ability to multitask and take initiative.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.