Technical Advisor for Gender and Learning
|Location:||Washington, D.C. or Baltimore, MD|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Senior Technical Advisor for Gender and Learning leads to agency-wide gender integration efforts. She/he will develop and oversee an organization-wide gender integration strategy that ensures adherence to the Gender Minimum Standards and deepens LWR's gender expertise in relation to its REAL Strategy, health programming, and EOPS strategy. She/he and will represent LWR at technical conferences and donor events to ensure LWR's recognition as a leader in gender-integrated programming is heightened. She/he will identify and lead gender-specific business development opportunities and will be the gender technical lead on high priority livelihoods, health and emergency business development opportunities. The position will also lead the organization's collaborative learning efforts to capture and use organizational knowledge to improve program quality. She/he will conduct research and writing that captures internal and external technical experience and evidence to document and deepen LWR's technical competencies and create external technical publications. |
- Gender - Oversees LWR-IMAs gender integration strategy to ensure the integration of gender equity into all programs.
a. Ensure all LWR-IMA staff globally understand and meet gender minimum standards in proposals, project design, and evaluation. Ensures effective coordination and integration of LWR-IMA's livelihoods, health and emergency program gender integration efforts.
b. Communicates to senior management progress towards meeting gender integration objectives and advises on where to invest organizational resources to build organizational capacity and obtain new project funding.
c. Acts as a technical lead on high priority proposals and project designs. Effectively advises and/or leads teams to diagnose gender-based constraints and helps design innovative and effective interventions to close gender gaps.
d. Leads the review, update and/or development of new gender integration tools as required.
a. In coordination with the MEL team, provides direct support to projects to support gender assessments, baselines, gender-disaggregated data analysis, and reflection meetings.
b. Remains current on industry trends in gender integration. Represents LWR-IMA at gender-related meetings to share/capture best practices and elevate the LWR-IMAs profile.
- Collaborative Learning - Leads collaborative learning in LED
a. Coordinates the Collaborating, Learning, Adapting (CLA) groups and leads the Gender Equity Theme CLA.
b. Provide support and oversight for the completion and use of REAL strategy evidence matrices at the country level. Support the country teams in analyzing and summarizing evidence that translates to country-level strategies in the Road Maps and country business development plans.
c. Lead the implementation of a Program Quality communications strategy, in close coordination with program quality team members and regional team representatives, to ensure consistent and effective communication of program quality knowledge and lessons generated globally. Coordinate closely with MarComm to translate internal communications and learning into donor marketing and engagement material.3. Research and Writing - Conducts literature review, web-based research, and writing that supports LED technical publications, communications and proposals that align with the REAL Strategy
- Master's degree in Gender Studies, Sociology, International Public/Non-Profit Administration, Agriculture, Anthropology, Development Studies
- Seven to ten years of experience. At lease 5 years working directly on gender integration.
- Knowledge of industry trends in gender equity in livelihoods and health programs. Specifically, knowledge of and experience using common gender equity frameworks used by donors and other leading gender equity organizations such as the Gender Dimensions Framework.
- Ability to use conceptual thinking to assess current and past gender integration techniques and methods and use the knowledge to design innovative approaches to be included in projects to efficiently and effectively close gender disparities.
- Proactively takes initiative to support colleagues in creatively solving problems and completing high priority deliverables.
- Experience and knowledge of project management and how to apply gender integration throughout. Specifically, the ability to conduct gender assessments for project design and implementation.
- Experience hiring and managing consultants including writing terms of reference, managing contracts, reviewing deliverables and ensuring organizational engagement.
- Ability to analyze gender-disaggregated data and present the findings to support decision making by program leadership.
- Skills in applying gender across different functions of advising (i.e. proposals, program strategies)
- Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with external gender equity peers and donors
- Skills in formulating gender integration strategies for proposals, regional approaches, and program design
- Knowledge of youth empowerment and resilience programming.
- Ability to facilitate technical training with subject experts and non-experts
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly, both in person and in writing, to non-gender experts decision-makers, peers, donors, and colleagues
- Ability to lead a diverse group (across regions, hierarchy, specialties, departments, etc.) to achieve a common goal
- Ability to support decision-makers to use internal or external data for evidence-based decision-making, including apprising decision-makers of new developments
- Strong relationship-building skills, including the ability to persuade colleagues to try new tools or approaches and mentor them through gender equity professional development
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.