Management and Logistics Specialist
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Management and Logistics Specialist (MLS) is responsible for the detailed planning and im-plementation of events and meetings for LWR Uganda. S/he is the point person for travel logis-tics for staff and visitors. S/he ensures procurements are completed in a thorough and timely manner and backstop other accounting and administration functions. The MLS will report to the Country Director and receive significant technical oversight by the Finance and Administration Manager.|
|Duties:||Event logistics and support |
• Coordinate scheduling and provide logistical and administrative support for meetings and events.
• Rapidly generate accurate and concise summaries of meetings and events and distribute them to relevant stakeholders.
• Supervise logistics duties assigned to contractor(s) for events and meetings.
• Assist in event report preparation as needed.
• Coordinate staff and visitors' travel within Kampala and throughout the country, manag-ing driver availability, arrangements for accommodations, and other necessary prepara-tions.
• Coordinate procurement of goods and services , following agency procurement policies related to bidding, contract development, verification of deliverables, and timely pay-ments.
• Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers.
• Support Finance and Administration Manager in record keeping and accounting tasks.
• Assist in the preparation for annual audits under the guidance of the Finance and Admin-istration Manager.
• Perform administrative tasks related to the project, including telephone communications, correspondence, copying, filing, and general organization.
• Participate fully in project management meetings and contribute to decision making.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Deep commitment to LWR's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
2. A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Procurement or equivalent.
3. Professional course either in accounting or procurement
4. Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience
5. Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with accounting sofrtware desirable.
6. Fluency in English, with excellent written communication skills.
7. Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, manage time and com-plex tasks, pay attention to details, adapt to changing priorities and deadlines, identify opportunities and challenges and propose appropriate responses or solutions.
8. Demonstrated experience planning and staffing events and meetings.
9. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff and external partners.
10. Available to travel within Uganda for up to 10% of the time.
Do NOT apply via this website.
1. Email applications will be accepted at JobsUganda@lwr.org until 5PM local time on July 19th 2019.
2. In the body of the email, include the following information:
o Highest level of education
o Number of years of relevant experience
o Minimum salary requirement
o Earliest date available to start work upon a job offer
3. The subject of the email should read: Application for the position of MLS.
4. A CV in PDF format with 3 professional references (name, title, relationship to applicant, telephone number, email address), one being the most recent direct supervisor (s/he will not be contacted without prior notification of the job applicant). CV should not be more than 2 pages long and the references can be listed on the third page.
Any applications that do not follow the below instructions will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.