Finance and Administration Officer
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) completes financial, accounting, and administrative operations and procedures for the Kenya country office and the East Africa regional office in line with organizational policies and procedures and internationally recognized accounting standards. The FAO\'s core functions include accounting, procurement, maintaining HR files, and facilitating logistics. The FAO reports to the Regional Finance and Administration Manager.|
|Duties:||1. Carries out financial management and internal controls:|
- Maintains a filing system (hard copy and e-files) of supporting documentation, including payment and receipt vouchers, payroll vouchers and related tax documents, bank statements and reconciliation, etc.
- Enters financial transactions into Quickbooks.
- Completes and documents bank reconciliations.
- Works with team to prepare monthly cash advance request for office operations.
- Submits financial reports to headquarters.
- Processes payroll and issues payments after appropriate review and approval.
- Files taxes including any applicable withholding taxes and returns.
- Assist with audit exercises.
2. Processes advances and advance reconciliations:
- Reviews advance requests and advance reconciliations/expense reports for accuracy.
- Tracks repayment of advances and enforces policies related to reconciling advances.
3. Manages purchases and procurements for service contracts, office supplies, and other project-related goods in compliance with LWR policies and procedures:
- Collects estimates and manages the call for bids.
- Coordinates cost and proposal evaluations.
- Implements the contractual terms for orders, receipt of goods, confirmation of completion of services, and payments.
4. Supports budget development for new projects and assists with monitoring expenditures for existing projects in compliance with LWR and donor requirements.
5. Supports administrative and operations of the office
- Tracks staff leave balances.
- Ensures human resource files are complete and stored securely.
- Assist in recruitment, onboarding, and separation procedures.
- Maintains the office asset inventory.
- Assists with logistics of events, workshops, etc.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Deep commitment to LWR and IMA's core values and an ability to model those values in relationships with partners and colleagues.
2. Four-year degree in accounting or business administration.
3. CPA(K) certification.
4. Three or more years of accounting experience; experience in office administration and working in an international NGO are both an advantage.
5. Demonstrated ability to apply generally accepted accounting practices.
6. Proficiency in using accounting, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and web browser software. Experience in the effective use and management of Quick Books a major advantage.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Professional fluency in English and Kiswahili.
8. Ability to be accurate and attentive to detail in project accounting, tracking and monitoring, writing, editing, typing and filing.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work within a team environment.
10. Must be efficient, reliable, and highly organized.
11. Ability to prioritize, organize and carry out multiple tasks efficiently under pressure and with little supervision; ability to accept supervision.
12. Ability to travel at least 25% of the time.
Any applications that do not follow the below instructions will not be considered.
1. Email applications will be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org until 5PM local time on July 31, 2019.
2. The subject of the email should read: Application for FAO
3. The body of the email should include the following five points with the information completed; no other information should be included (note individuals who do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered):
a. Highest level of education:
b. Number of years of relevant experience:
c. Name(s) of accounting software in which one has proficiency:
d. Minimum salary requirement:
e. Earliest date available after acceptance of an offer:
4. Three attachments should be included:
a. A CV with 3 professional references ((name, title, relationship to applicant, telephone number, email address), one being the most recent direct supervisor; s/he will not be contacted without prior notification of the job applicant).
b. A signed cover letter highlighting experience that is most relevant to the position.
c. A scanned copy of one's CPA(K) certification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.