Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor – Feed the Future Mali
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Lutheran World Relief is seeking applications for Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor for the anticipated USAID Feed the Future project in Mali. The integrated project will reduce hunger, malnutrition and poverty within USAID/Mali's Feed the Future Zone of Influence. The project will contribute to USAID's Intermediate Results (IRs) for increased and sustainable agriculture-led growth, increased employment, strengthened resilience among people and systems, and improve community nutrition, particularly among women and children.|
The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will lead the design and implementation of program M&E to ensure that key activities are being implemented effectively to achieve the intended results and help measure the program's outcomes (including qualitative and quantitative assessments. This position reports directly to the Chief of Party.
• Lead the project's overall M&E efforts, including the design and oversight of a strong M&E plan that helps capture contract deliverables
• Identify and train staff on appropriate and relevant indicators in line with international and national M&E standards
• Oversee the program's robust learning component, including providing technical assistance for the project baseline, mid-line, and end-line and developing a research dissemination plan
• Ensure on-time, accurate, and quality reporting according to contract
• Build capacity of local stakeholders and project staff in relevant M&E topics, including data dissemination and use for program improvement; build the capacity of the project sites and support them to effectively introduce and maintain the project M&E systems and processes
• Participate in relevant M&E technical working groups and coordinating bodies; work with relevant ministries on project-linked M&E, as appropriate
• Directly supervise one M&E Officers and oversee baseline, mid-term, and final evaluation consultants.
|Qualifications:||The position requires a competent and experienced person with the following attributes:|
• Masters Degree or higher in economics, business, international development, agricultural economics, agribusiness or a related field;
• Minimum 10 years of relevant monitor and evaluation experience in commercial value chains, food security, and economic growth with an emphasis on development and marketing of agricultural products;
• Familiarity with USAID and Ftf indicators
• Experience designing program M&E plans and logical frameworks and monitoring their implementation
• Has overseen or led multi-method project baseline and end-line evaluations that include focus group discussions and key informant interviews
• Experience working with development programming in contexts similar to Mali; experience working in West Africa, particularly Mali.
• Knowledge of different M&E tools, approaches, and methods in addition to experience working with grant making organizations.
• Working experience in training, coaching and mentoring teams in monitoring-related techniques and methods.
• Knowledge and past experience with GIS tools.
• Knowledge of US Government regulations, policies, and procedures, preferably USDA, or those of an equivalently complex international government funding organization
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (including in making presentations); high degree
of political savvy in interacting with senior government and civil society stakeholders.
• Excellent written and spoken English and French.
• Mali nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application through: https://lwr.org/jobs
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.