Finance Director - Feed the Future Mali
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Lutheran World Relief is seeking applications for a Finance Director for the anticipated USAID Feed the Future project in Mali. The integrated project will reduce hunger, malnutrition and poverty within USAID/Mali\'s Feed the Future Zone of Influence. The project will contribute to USAID\'s Intermediate Results (IRs) for increased and sustainable agriculture-led growth, increased employment, strengthened resilience among people and systems, and improve community nutrition, particularly among women and children.
The Finance Director will oversee the financial management and assets of the program in accordance with LWR and USAID guidelines. It is a crucial role and will ensure that the program is managed effectively and within budget. The Finance Director will work closely with LWR\'s Baltimore-based International Finance team and locally-based project finance team to monitor, manage, and report on all project funds and oversee administration, logistics, and office management. This position reports directly to the Chief of Party.
|Duties:||• Oversee day-to-day operations and financial management of the project.|
• Ensure that all project financial transactions are allowable, reasonable and allocable and within the established financial management policies of LWR and USAID.
• Oversee procurement of project equipment according to LWR\'s Procurement Guidelines as well as ensure compliance with USAID and LWR regulations, procedures and local labor laws.
• Serve as the primary point of contact and advisor on all matters pertaining to administrative and financial support with LWR headquarters.
• Provide the necessary managerial, logistical and administrative support required for the fulfillment of deliverables including budget, finance, human resources management, general services/facilities and logistics.
• Prepare monthly tracking sheets reflecting allowable costs versus actual expenditures
• Provide effective management of human resources of the project and supervise all staff on administrative/financial matters
• Lead recruitment of staff and consultants with support from the Administrative Assistant, Administrative Officer and Finance Officer.
• Coordinate input for the annual budgeting process with the Chief of Party and sub-recipient organizations.
• Review and audit sub-recipients\' reports, budgets, expenses, and proposals to ensure compliance with USAID regulations and maintenance of accurate financial reports.
• Prepare all required documentation for accounting and audits.
|Qualifications:||• Master\'s degree in accounting, finance or relevant field required; CPA or MBA preferred. |
• Minimum of 10 years\' experience in accounting and finance, as well as experience with contracts/grants from federal agencies.
• Experience with accounting/finance in an overseas field office on development projects with budgets over $20 million dollars.
• Extensive knowledge of US Government policies, procedures, procurement practices, rules, regulations, and reporting requirements. Familiarity with cost accounting practices and OMB Guidance for Grants and Agreements, 2 CFR 200.
• Knowledge of and experience with accounting software packages and related report writing modules. Working proficiency with databases, spreadsheets (Excel), QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office.
• Previous supervisory experience, including direct supervision of a team of operations and financial staff.
• Demonstrated excellence in oral, written and reading comprehension abilities.
• Strong financial analysis, budgeting, and management skills, written/oral communication, and computer skills;
• Exceptional diplomatic and business negotiating skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (including in making presentations); high degree
of political savvy in interacting with senior government and civil society stakeholders.
• Excellent written and spoken English and French.
• Mali nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through: https://lwr.org/jobs