Associate Project Manager, External Relations and Engagement
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Project Manager, External Relations and Engagement is an integral part of the External Relations & Engagement department at Lutheran World Relief and IMA World Health (LWR and IMA). This position serves as the primary project manager for all External Relations and Engagement activities with a specific focus on fundraising to individuals and congregations, LWR's Quilt & Kit Ministry and donor stewardship. This position supports the department's efforts to engage the organization's target U.S. audiences and to create high-quality, effective, engaging and audience-centric communication and fundraising tools that build relationships and raise money.|
- Manage the production of fundraising and engagement projects, from concept to completion - both print and digital - and ensure production and dissemination deadlines are met. This includes:
- Creating, or leading other staff in creating, a detailed brief for each new project, including intended audience and expected outcomes.
- Creating and maintaining a shared internal project management system to assign tasks and track the progress of ongoing projects.
- Regularly providing status reports on projects managed, including creative briefs, notes, and schedules
- Proactively predicting and addressing any roadblocks that may delay a project timeline
- Ensuring all marketing and communications team members are informed and briefed on the timeline and deliverables
- Assist in the planning, drafting and editing of a variety of communications pieces for fundraising and engagement programs.
- Assist with various Quilt & Kit Ministry projects including enhancement and maintenance of constituent and Ingathering (local quilt and kit collections) databases, management of the Good Samaritan Quilt Plaza, and management of relationship with Key Leaders and Site Coordinators, a national group of volunteers who organize local collections of quilts and kits.
- Support the organization's stewardship program, which meaningfully recognizes donor gifts. Coordinate the production of acknowledgement letters for all giving levels. Manage the presidential acknowledgement process. Assist with the management and administration of stewardship and recognition for first time donors, repeat donors, monthly donors, consecutive donors and others. Execute stewardship programs and special initiatives.
- Communicate with constituents via email, postal mail, and phone to answer their questions, encourage, and affirm them in their participation in our projects.
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications or related field.
- Two years of professional fundraising or non-profit experience preferred.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Ability to distill and interpret complex program information and write clean, concise and compelling copy for a general audience.
- Experience writing and messaging on behalf of a nonprofit preferred.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent people skills (including via telephone).
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Proficiency in standard computer software (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Database experience required; Raisers Edge and/or SalesForce familiarity a plus.