Senior Technical Program Manager, Ebola
|Location:||Goma, DRC, DC|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Responsible for organizing and coordinating the technical, administrative, logistical and managerial support for the Ebola program development and implementation. Serves as a primary liaison between the field offices and headquarters and is expected to communicate with the donors, country directors, field staff, partners, sub-contractors and consultants regularly. Travel to Goma to provide surge support during periods of high project activity.
|Duties:||1. Work in partnership with the Ebola Team Lead in monitoring implementation of the country level Ebola portfolio, including tracking progress of program targets and deliverables, identifying issues that need to be addressed, and ensuring that technical and financial reporting requirements are met.|
2. Collaborate with field teams to prepare routine technical and programmatic reports, including bi-weekly reports, quarterly and semiannual reports, newsletters, websites and press releases.
3. Work with the Project Financial Analyst(s) and project field staff, to supervise grant funds and sub-agreements/contracts through review of annual budgets; ensuring timely financial reporting; and reviewing project expenditures.
4. Work with the business development team to identify opportunities, prepare concept notes and proposals, engage in representation, networking and cultivation of relationships with partners, technical donors and other organizations implementing programs.
5. Establish and develop key health partnerships for the project and develop key implementation strategies alongside the MOH or relevant government counterpart and partner health programs.
6. Represent IMA World Health at the national level for technical and planning meetings and internationally at professional conferences and other events.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in related field (nutrition, nursing, medicine, etc)
• 7 years' experience managing and implementing humanitarian health programs required.
• Demonstrated experience and detailed knowledge of working with international donors including USAID, CDC, DFID, BMGF, OFDA.
• Strong working knowledge of USG and other international donor funding mechanisms (including grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements) required.
• Strong English writing skills and analytical abilities; Fluency in French required.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity required; experience living and/or working in developing countries preferred.
• Experience working with professional and support staff in a multicultural, multi-linguistic environment.
• Experience working with host government counterparts, international partners and NGO/FBO/CBO partners.
• Able to travel up to 50% of time annually; including to hardship countries. Flexibility and ability to travel on short notice desired.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Masters of Public Health or masters degree in related field
• Experience managing Ebola programs, preferably in East Africa
• Experience living and working in Eastern DRC
Education & Experience:
• Four year Degree in related field
• Minimum 7 years of experience
• Experience with USAID/OFDA, Ebola subcommittees, Foundations, other NGOs
The role is expected to be fast paced involving a significant amount of business development as well as program management, so we are looking for someone who is quick on their feet and able to straddle both roles. We need someone with extensive humanitarian experience, preferably in Ebola response, to be based in DC with frequent travel to Goma to fill in gaps as needed.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.