The Senior Administrative Officer (SAO) for Finance and Administration (F&A) provides substantive, logistical, and administrative support to the office of the Vice President of F&A/CFO (VPFA/CFO). S/he advances F&A's efficiency and effective communications as s/he sits at the crossroads of all units within the department and coordinates strategically with the VPFA/CFO and other departments within LWR-IMA. S/he is central to ensuring that the department functions as an integrated team, coordinating and facilitating internal communications and information flows, strategic meetings, facilitating the department's annual planning & budgeting processes, managing documents and procedures, and interfacing with all units and departments. The SAO is responsible for supporting the department in becoming a "learning" department by ensuring the timely input, use, and analysis of data and other means of identifying best practices within the work of the units. S/he takes on special projects as requested/assigned by the VPFA/CFO and serves as the special assistant to the VPFA/CFO, fulfilling the administrative support needs of the VP's office.
Externally, s/he is central to managing the communications, meeting and event preparations, and agenda planning for key external relationships for the VP's Office, ensuring cross-unit collaboration and information sharing as appropriate.
At times, the SAO for F&A will be privy to sensitive and confidential information and will be required to take this responsibility seriously.
1. GENERAL VPFA/CFO ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT • Manage office logistics and communications. • Maintain calendar for the VPFA/CFO as requested. • Maintain VPFA/CFO office files (paper) • Coordinate visitors to the office to meet with VPFA/CFO or her/his respective teams. • Prepare, review, and/or edit F&A presentations. • Assist in managing the timely and accurate submission of staff timesheets, expense reports and any other routine reports required for all staff. • Provide support in managing external relationships and delegating follow-up action to respective teams or colleagues. • Provide all administrative support required when engaging consultants. • Assist the VPFA/CFO in managing the timely and accurate submission of staff timesheets, expense reports and any other routine reports required for all departmental staff. • Manage and develop systems and processes to ensure transparency and information flow within and between F&A department units.
2. BUDGET PLANNING, MONITORING & REPORTING • Monitor expenses for input to the VP's annual plan and budget. • Support the VPFA/CFO in developing the annual F&A budget. • Serve as budget holder for F&A general cost center. • Process VPFA/CFO accounts payable as budget holder. • Work with the VPFA/CFO to forecast, track, and analyze budget and expenses for F&A General cost center. • Establish and manage budget planning and monitoring systems during the forecast and budget season for the VPFA/CFO office
3. MEETINGS & EVENT MANAGEMENT • Schedule meetings including resources (e.g., flip charts, monitors, projectors, etc.) and catering, ensure all is ready before the meetings, and note/disseminate all follow-up actions. • Effectively represent the VPFA/CFO's office in meetings or on teams/ committees as assigned. Represent F&A on special committees, initiatives, or projects. Take notes, record observations, and gather next steps or follow up items for the VPFA/CFO. • Manage and coordinate ongoing and periodic meetings for F&A. This includes weekly all staff updates, quarterly all-F&A meetings, planning meetings, F&A retreats and other internal meetings. • Set meeting objectives, establish agendas, communicate with staff, and arrange logistics. Facilitate staying on task during meetings and follow up on next steps/action items. • As required, work with colleagues in various departments with the planning and coordination of other LWR-IMA meetings.
4. VPFA/CFO TRAVEL COORDINATION & SUPPORT • Coordinate with the travel agency and others to arrange all domestic and international work-related travel arrangements on behalf of the VPFA/CFO, including flights, hotels, and ground transport when needed. • Coordinate appointments for the VPFA/CFO with the international travel clinic for missing inoculations. • Manage the process of obtaining visas for the VPFA/CFO, including obtaining and preparation of paperwork, tracking of status, and ensuring that the visa is obtained (is in-hand) in time to travel. • Facilitate travel advances when needed. • Support the development and distribution of travel reports as needed. • Coordinate/liaise with the Security office as needed to ensure adherence to security policies and procedures
5. GENERAL VPFA/CFO BOARD OF DIRECTORS & COMMITTEE MEETING SUPPORT • Lead Directors and units in the coordination of F&A's reporting to the Board of Directors and both Finance and Audit and Risk Committees of the Board. • Provide support to the Senior Manager of Business Operations in the coordination of LWR's reporting to the Board of Directors on any matters pertaining to the Lutheran Center Corporation (the building which LWR co-owns with Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service). • Solicit input from staff and prepare Board exhibits and reports. • Coordinate with staff in the President's Office to compile related materials for Board meetings. • Support the VPFA/CFO on the Finance Committee: develop committee agendas, facilitate scheduling, take and distribute minutes, and create reports as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field preferred. • 5-7 years' experience in office administration. • Experience with an international development or relief organization is highly desirable. • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully prioritize, organize and carry out multiple projects and tasks efficiently under pressure. • Excellent English language and communication skills, both verbal and written. • Attention to detail - accurate and attentive to detail in presentations, writing, editing, typing, and filing. • Demonstrated experience in supporting the creation of and reconciliation of budgets (including, but not limited to tracking costs and processing invoices, vendors/contracts, and budget variance analyses). • Demonstrated expertise in word processing, including the preparation of complex documents. Accurate typing/keyboard: 80-90 wpm desired. • Highly proficient in using Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint, and web browser software. • Deep commitment to LWR' and IMA's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.