Donor Advisor, Congregations
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This position exists to cultivate, manage and deepen relationships with high capacity congregations, overseeing innovative and compelling campaigns, communications, and opportunities for partnering with LWR-IMA's work. The person in this position will be responsible for setting and leading implementation of a fundraising strategy for congregations with giving capacity of $5,000 - $25,000+ per year. |
1. Leads development of the fundraising strategy for high capacity congregations (annual gifts of $5K and up) in coordination with staff from philanthropic and program teams.
2. Leads implementation of the high capacity congregational fundraising strategy, including coordination with Church Relationship Managers, Donor Advisors and Leadership. This involves direct cultivation of relationships with church leaders through a variety of communications channels, resource development, and in-person visits as well as executing fundraising asks to reach revenue goals.
3. Responsible for tracking the high capacity congregational portfolio and prospects in Raisers Edge. This includes tracking actions, notes, and proposals/asks for all interactions with this segment of donors.
4. Drives strategy around major donor travel opportunities that engage individual and congregational donors.
|Qualifications:||1. Undergraduate degree and at least seven years of experience with progressively increasing responsibilities in relationship, partner, and/or stakeholder management.|
2. Experience working with congregations or individuals with significant philanthropic capacity.
3. Strong familiarity with church structures as well as congregational and church member motivations and sensitivities. Experience with Lutheran audiences required; additional experience with other denominations a plus.
4. Familiarity with international faith-based organizations working in the relief and development sector and an understanding of how these organizations operate and what motivates them. Experience with Lutheran organizations.
5. Expertise in all areas of communication, including strong writing skills and superior oratory and preaching skills; ability to speak compellingly and with ease to a wide range of audiences.
6. Experience connecting congregations and other inclined groups to agency mission, creatively connecting a variety of audiences with opportunities for engagement, in-kind giving, and monetary support of field work.
7. Experience managing donor travel experiences that multiply impact in donor communities.
8. Strong leadership and consensus building skills.
9. Proven management experience and demonstrated success in executing strategies that involve a diverse group of stakeholders.
10. Exhibits skills of diplomacy. Able to work productively with a wide array of different people and institutions that may disagree and could be in competition with one another.
11. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and Raisers Edge required; experience with Salesforce a plus.
12. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally. International travel may be to countries that are experiencing political instability and have poor infrastructure including poor road conditions, limited amenities and poor housing accommodations. In addition, the travel may be to countries where infectious diseases or vector-borne diseases are present. Travel may be required to locales that experience extreme temperatures (either hot or cold) and high altitudes.
13. Deep commitment to LWR-IMA's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
14. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and follow through on projects and policies; exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks productively.
15. Ability to work as part of a team, both internally with fellow staff as well as with LWR-IMA's partners and allies; excellent interpersonal skills.
16. Creativity, imagination, problem-solving skills, and the ability to adjust direction and strategies.
17. Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.