Senior Business Development Recruiter
|Location:||Washington DC or Baltimore, MD|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||New Business Development|
|Description:||As part of the Business Development Team, the Senior Business Development Recruiter provides leadership and expertise in all aspects of the proposal recruitment process for short- and long-term staff (expatriate and host country nationals), serving on capture and live proposal teams to identify, engage, and present compelling candidates for inclusion in LWR-IMA responses to donor-funded solicitations. |
The Senior Business Development Recruiter will lead the development of staffing plans and organizational charts, serves as the primary point person for managing candidate viability and collecting required documents; and contributes to the personnel section of all proposals. S/he coordinates regularly with proposal leads and coordinators, providing up-to-date recruitment status reports, while also keeping the Vice President and Senior Business Development Director informed on the high-level recruitment status for anticipated and live proposals.
In addition to recruitment responsibilities, the Senior Business Development Recruiter serves as a core member of the BD Team, assisting in all aspects of the business development life cycle, from positioning to award and transition to Program staff. S/he may assume proposal coordination or other BD functions, per skills set/aptitude and departmental need. This position will also work with the entire BD Team in development and refinement of BD processes, tools, and templates.
The position can be based in Washington, D.C. or Baltimore. Should the position be based in D.C. it will be expected to travel to our Baltimore location as needed.
- Develop and oversee organizational staffing plans and full-cycle recruitment process for proposals.
- Create job descriptions in accordance with the identified staffing plan and RFA/RFP (Request for Application and Request for Proposal) requirements and in compliance with the organizations policies.
- Lead proposal recruitment process for expatriate, program management, short-term consultants, and host-country national staff positions at HQ and local country offices.
- Draft sections of proposals, including potential key personnel, staffing and management plans. Prepares CVs (formats) for annexes.
- Post positions in relevant outlets; source CVs, screen and interview position applicants by reviewing resumes to match applicants' work history, skills, education, and training with staffing plan requirements.
- Manage efficient systems to screen, interview and evaluate candidates against the agreed upon qualifications with the proposal team.
- Conduct necessary reference, Bridger/OFAC, background checks and biodata verifications.
- Present offers to candidates and finalize information in letter of commitment.
- Maintain communication with proposed candidates notifying them of any losses and successfully managing transition to Programs Department/HR for awarded projects.
- Develop and maintain roster of international experts for inclusion in proposals.
- In conjunction with HR team, build capacity of LWR-IMA's country offices' Human Resources staff to recruit and source local talent for current and upcoming bids.
- Coordinate with Headquarters' HR department to help maintain LWR-IMA's recruitment policies and procedures to ensure they are up to date on compensation and benefit packages for expatriate and host country professionals and staff in accordance to local country laws and donor requirements.
- Work closely with country and regional staff in support of local recruitment efforts for the proposal, collaborate and build relationships to foster coordination for recruiting strategies
- Provide communications and engagement with the HR team to support the dotted line reporting structure to the Global Human Resources department.
- Travel to field offices and countries as required to conduct on the ground recruitment
- Contribute to efforts for LWR-IMA to maximize competitiveness through prebid preparation and presentation of compelling proposals.
- Collaborate with others in the BD Team, Programs Department, field leadership, and other technical experts in development of assigned proposals
- Synthesize input for go / no-go decisions.
- Monitor near- and far-term identified business opportunities for target regions; reporting on a quarterly basis the feasibility of moving forward.
- Develop proposal recruitment calendars and manage in country points of contact to deliver on-time results.
- Contribute to, manage, and/or write sections of proposals, including, but not limited to, personnel, management and staffing.
- Develop and maintain BD processes and templates for proposal recruitment
- Participate in conferences, career fairs, exhibitions and other venues as applicable to increase and maintain LWR-IMA visibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Business, International Development, Human Resources Management, or closely related field. MA/MS preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in full-cycle recruitment process.
- Familiarity with compensation and personnel guidelines of USG donors (USAID, CDC) and/or other international donors (DFID, World Bank, Global Fund) strongly preferred.
- Hands-on proposal experience
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills as well as demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of employees.
- Previous international or international development experience required.
- Ability to self manage, multitask and prioritize in a faced-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and online resources.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% annually.
- Commitment to LWR-IMA World Health's Mission.