Essential Functions: Financial Reporting, Budget Monitoring, and Donor Invoicing
*SFA responsible for producing timely and accurate financial reports in accordance with donor agreements (e.g., USG, DFID, Foundations, and other restricted funded activity). Ensure those reports comply with all regulations and provisions including level of detailed reporting, matching requirements, and other specific provisions.
* Provide support to the field finance staff to assist country programs in ensuring accurate and timely month-end close, invoicing and funder reporting. *Support and coordinate with field finance and program management staff to monitor project spending and provide financial reporting and analysis that ensures timely program service delivery and implementation.
* Visit country offices in order to support financial management of donor funded projects, conduct periodic compliance review of donor funded projects, and to include financial management overviews with field office staff and partner staff; * Perform analysis on operational activities including historical, current and projected revenue and expense, cash flow, variances and costs;
*Closely monitors grant/contract performance for USAID, DFID, OFDA, EU, Global Fund; * Work in collaboration with Country Directors/COPs, Project Managers, and country office finance managers during the annual budgeting and financial planning process (including mid-year forecast);
* Monitor expenses and revenues to ensure that the portfolio spends according to the available revenue and that restricted funds are used according to IMA policies/procedures and donor rules/regulations;
* Produce and/or review financial reports submitted to donors; ensure that submitted reports and invoices are reviewed for accuracy, include proper support documentation, and per donor requirement and policy;
* Provide ad hoc reports to Deputy and Senior Finance Director, Project Management teams, Executive Staff and donors; * Keep project management and HQ management advised of situations which have potential negative impact on financial performance;
* Seek for accounting system improvements and reconfigurations to better segregate data and increase system controls to facilitate design and develop of timely and accurate standard and customized financial reports.
* Assist with monitoring, tracking and reporting of contract and agreement deliverables;
* Create and maintain financial report templates and reporting tools;
* Facilitate the development, improvement and adoption of policies, practices and procedures; * Identify and recommend cost efficiency initiatives for program activities and the organization.
New Business Development (Proposal)
* Lead IMA proposal budget development with country and HQ technical staff, Business Development team, and country office Finance team;
*Maintain IF team as integral partner to program and business development units on proposal budgets;
*Ensure that cost recovery guidelines are followed, applied, and maintained in the proposal budget;
*Strong working knowledge of the donor budget templates and reporting requirement for the cost proposal (mainly e.g. DFID, USAID, OFDA, World Bank, Global Fund etc.)
* Ensure expense reports, consultants' invoices and subcontractors or recipients of sub-agreements financial reports are reviewed for accuracy and documentation, and that payment is properly processed;
*Monitor sub-recipient's financial activities following award approval and track the partners payment processed from HQ for timely liquidation and payment;
*SFA work as a point of contact from Headquarters financial analysis support team for new project start-up and close-out
Month End Closing
*Review financial activity reported by country offices (Month End closing journals) for accuracy and completeness prior to import into the HQ system.
*Review, analyze, and monitors balance sheet accounts for the portfolio assigned. Performing reconciliations and adjustment entries to maintain accurate information by project or fund.
Communication & Training
* Serve as a key communication conduit to and from HQ-Finance, Management and other staff. Ensure the timely and accurate dissemination of information;
* Provide training and guidance to staff on budget formulation, tracking and adjustments, expense accounting, financial analysis and reporting and contract management;
* Identify training needs and provide ongoing technical assistance to field office finance staff and program partners on best practices for financial management systems in order to increase capacity;
* Provide guidance and coaching to country staff serving for large government and multi-lateral funded projects; and
* Perform and complete special projects and other financial duties as assigned.