Congregational Engagement Associate
|Location:||St. Paul, MN or Baltimore, MD|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
This position collaborates with the Manager of Engagement and Outreach to cultivate, manage and deepen relationships with sustainer and mid-level congregations, creating and carrying out innovative and compelling campaigns, communications and opportunities for partnering with Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA) work. The person in this position will be responsible for leading implementation of a fundraising strategy for congregations with sustainer level (under $1k) and mid-level ($1k-$5k) annual giving capacity
This position will sit in either our Baltimore or Minnesota locations.
- Contributes to strategy development and leads implementation of sustainer and mid-level congregational fundraising, including coordination with the congregational revenue team. This involves direct cultivation of relationships with church leaders through a variety of communications channels, resource development, and in-person visits to reach revenue goals.
- Develops and implements a variety of marketing and communications plans and strategies to support fundraising and stewardship of congregations.
- Contributes to strategy development and leads implementation of donor stewardship and retention plan for sustainer and mid-level congregations.
- Tracks sustainer and mid-level congregational portfolio and prospects in Raisers Edge. This includes tracking actions, notes, and proposals/asks for all interactions with this segment of donors.
- Support Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA) event strategies.
- Bachelor's degree plus 1-5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination.
- 1-3 years fundraising experience; work with congregations highly preferred.
- Expertise in all areas of communications, including the ability to speak confidently in public and to write engaging and appropriate content.
- Ability to represent Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA) externally and manage relationships.
- Ability to articulate and integrate humanitarian development and justice concerns with one's faith; able to assist others to consider such connections.
- Experience connecting congregations to agency mission, creatively connecting a variety of audiences with opportunities for engagement and for monetary support.
- Demonstrated experience in event support and execution.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software required; experience with Raisers Edge or other database management required.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, at least 15% of time. International travel may be to countries that are experiencing political instability and have poor infrastructure including poor road conditions, limited amenities and poor housing accommodations. In addition, the travel may be to countries where infectious diseases or vector-borne diseases are present. Travel may be required to locales that experience extreme temperatures (either hot or cold) and high altitudes.
- Familiarity with Lutheran theology, church structures, and church member motivations and sensitivities.
- Ability to work as part of a team, both internally with fellow staff as well as with volunteers; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Creativity, imagination, problem-solving skills, and the ability to adjust direction and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage multiple priorities by maintaining a high level of organization.
- Deep commitment to Corus International (Formerly LWR/IMA) core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Experience and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.