Becoming An LWR Employee
LWR seeks to recruit, retain and develop intellectually curious and professionally proficient individuals who embrace Lutheran values. LWR employees are globally aware and hopeful regarding the impact LWR can collectively achieve as an agile, trusted organization that strives to support full human flourishing. Employees believe that through joyful and collegial relationships with each other we are better able to carry out LWR's mission.
Unless otherwise stated in the job posting, an applicant does not need to be Lutheran to work at LWR. Employees are expected to embrace LWR's values including gratitude, calling, accompaniment, stewardship and innovation.
Lutheran World Relief's Commitment to Diversity
It is the policy of Lutheran World Relief to:
- treat all employees with justice and dignity without regard to an individual's race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, disability, economic status, marital or family status; and
- embrace individuals who have differing managerial, communication and decision-making styles.
Lutheran World Relief is committed to:
- creating and maintaining an environment which will naturally enable all employees to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of our organizational objectives;
- recruiting, retaining and developing staff at all levels of the organization that is reflective of the multicultural, multiethnic, multiracial and gender reality of the world community.
Lutheran World Relief will deliberately seek out, attract, retain and utilize the talents, experiences and perspectives of a diverse staff. To assure inclusiveness, it will:
•· make tangible and measurable efforts, in all recruitment of staff, to focus on underrepresented segments of our population; and regularly monitor the demographic composition of staff in order to determine areas of underrepresentation.
Equal opportunity will be provided for all staff to contribute to the attainment of the mission, goals and objectives of the organization.
Lutheran World Relief's Recruitment Process
To be considered for any position with Lutheran World Relief, you must formally apply through this online portal.
When you apply, your application is routed to a Recruiter, and your qualifications will be reviewed. If your qualifications and the job requirements are among the strongest matches for the position, you will be contacted directly by a member of our team. Even if you are not selected, your profile will remain on file, meaning that you will be able to apply for future opportunities quickly and easily by logging into the application portal.
Lutheran World Relief is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we can only contact those who are selected for further consideration.
Lutheran World Relief Employee Benefits
Paid Time Off Benefits
12 sick days
2 personal days
The organization has a 403(b) plan. LWR contributes 9% of employee’s salary figure into your retirement plan every pay period.
The vesting period is as follows:
- Employees who have completed one year of service are 25% vested.
- Employees who have completed two years of service are 50% vested.
- Employees who have completed three years of service are 100% vested.
The organization pays approximately 85% of the health, dental and vision premiums for employees, spouses and legal dependents. Employees are eligible to participate in the health benefits on their first day of employment.