Senior Manager, Institutional Donor Marketing
|Location:||Washington, D.C. or Baltimore, MD|
|Benefits:||An excellent benefit package is offered|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Senior Manager, Institutional Donor Marketing, drives the LWR and IMA brand and visibility among decision-makers and influencers at bilateral and multilateral aid agencies, foundations, corporations and other NGOs, educating them why they should consider LWR and IMA their preferred partner. The role is key in generating growth of the agency's $100 million-plus institutional-donor portfolio and increasing diversification of institutional funding sources.|
The Senior Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for the international-development marketplace, resulting in top-of-mind awareness; a pipeline of leads for personal outreach by colleagues, including the Senior Leadership Team; and new revenue to reduce poverty and promote healthy communities. The position oversees institutional donor-related events, conferences and panels; email-marketing segmentation and automation; digital marketing, organic and paid; content and video marketing; multimedia; public relations; visibility and image of agency experts; and emerging media. The role is also responsible for list-building and acquisition of key audiences as well as management of contact data in CRMs and email automation software.
As a result of the recent partnership of LWR and IMA, the Senior Manager plays a key role in defining and furthering the organization's new brand in the institutional-donor space, in conjunction with the agency's overall rebrand in 2019, and in creating compelling messaging in institutional donor-related materials.
Seated in the Engagement & External Relations Department's Marketing & Communications Unit, the position supervises a part-time content developer, and works closely with the Policy and Advocacy, and Institutional Relationships Units, and the Business Development and Programs Departments. To carry out his/her duties, the Senior Manager also works closely with MarCom project management, marketing, editorial, multimedia and digital experts.
OUTREACH & ENGAGEMENT
• Execute marketing plan (channels, content, asks) and course corrections based on metrics, ROI
• Develop campaign themes with colleagues
• Carry out organizational rebrand in institutional marketplace.
• Facilitate technical publishing initiatives
• Generate social media campaigns and email automation/segmentation.
• Coordinate with MarCom digital advertising and retargeting based on institutional keyword campaigns.
• Manage inDepth.lwr.org content and conversion strategy.
• Manage website Technical Resources library.
• Ensure results from lead-gen activity are channeled to appropriate colleages (NBD, Foundations, Country Directors, Advocacy) for personal marketing.
CONFERENCES & THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
• Manage conferences, panels and events calendar, logistics and roles.
• Represent and/or coordinate LWR and IMA representation at conferences, panels and events.
• Manage event collateral, posters, swag, etc.
• Help pitch and place institutional-related press releases.
• With MarCom, enhance agency experts' visibility with publishing (op-eds, blogs, etc.) and video marketing.
• Work with NBD and program staff to design communication strategies and targeted messages to decision-makers and influencers for priority proposals.
• Execute micro-marketing campaigns on targeted channels.
• Coordinate personal-marketing outreach with appropriate colleagues.
BRANDING & IDENTITY
• Define messaging around "faith-based", integrated development, innovation and niche expertise
• Develop content ideas with Institutional Donor Content Officer.
• Carry out rebrand with institutional audiences
• Develop material for NBD and other colleagues, providing talking points, presentations, videos, etc.
LIST-BUILDING & ACQUISITION STRATEGY
• Develop personas for decision-makers and influencers for use in lead-gen platforms.
• Plan and execute content marketing/conversion campaigns on LinkedIn, Devex, etc.
• Develop strategy and tactics to drive opt-ins/segmentation from email marketing, website, events, etc.
• Manage email lists
• Work with colleagues to ensure integrity of CRM
1. Deep commitment to LWR and IMA core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
2. Minimum of 7 years of marketing/communications and/or business development experience in international development context.
3. Technical skills in digital marketing, email automation, CRMs preferred
4. Bachelor's degree in marketing or relevant field. Master's degree preferred.
5. Strong familiarity with institutional-donor marketplace, including USAID, DFID, multilateral donors (World Bank, Global Fund, European Union), and other USG agencies, and foundations a plus.
6. French/Spanish language skills a plus.
7. Willingness to travel, as necessary, to and within countries experiencing political instability and/or presenting certain health risks, not to exceed 10%.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.