Executive Coordinator to the Executive Vice President
|Location:||Washington, D.C. or Baltimore, MD|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Executive Coordinator to the Executive Vice President (EVP) is central to supporting the organization's mission of reducing poverty and alleviating suffering in the world through supporting the EVP in managing his time and priorities with professional and proactive administrative support and through serving as a liaison for the EVP with other internal and external audiences. |
S/he is central to the development and maintenance of the EVP's Office relationships and organizational reputation by supporting the management of internal and external engagements through timely and effective
communications and administrative duties. Internally, s/he is central to the EVP's office through the scheduling of meetings, coordinate logistics, prepare documents, and track expenses.
S/he supports the strategic direction of the organization and should have a keen sense of judgment in a variety of situations have strong written and verbal communication skills, exhibit strong administrative and organizational skills and have the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, manage internal and external appointments and events for the EVPs calendar, IPD wide events and meetings, and retreats and coordinate with internal departments and staff on logistics and meeting preparation.
- Manage a broad variety of administrative tasks for the EVP including maintenance of an active and fluid calendar and the logistics of the EVPs Office external speaking events and travel in coordination with others in the organization including any pre-event planning and coordination
- Manage and arrange travel arrangements and Prepare and submit Expense Reports for the EVP, including working with Finance to secure expense reimbursements
- Works closely with the EVP keeping him informed of upcoming commitments, priorities, and responsibilities and following up appropriately
- Serve as a communications hub to direct and coordinate information into and out of the EVP's Office to the rest of the IPD and organization
- Provide back-up support to staff in the President's Office and other IPD Divisions during the peak time of Board preparation and other events and meetings to assist with meeting critical deadlines and providing timely communication to Board members or other stakeholders.
- Commitment to Corus International (formerly LWR/IMA) core values of Gratitude, Calling, Accompaniment, Stewardship, and Innovation
- B.A. or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three-five years' experience providing administrative support to high-level executives.
- Strong Proficiency required with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook and Word suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Discretion and good judgment in handling sensitive information and issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and function well within a team context.
- Ability to maintain courteousness, responsiveness, humor, and service-oriented attitude in the face of demanding short-fuse situations.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.